Neofascism In Europe
Previous | TOC | Next
Resurgence of Neofascism 1982-1992
- Antisemitism and the Right in France by Zeev Sternhell. (Jerusalem,
Israel: Shazar Library, Vidal Sassoon International Center for the Study
of Antisemitism, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1988).
- Is God a Racist?: The Right Wing in Canada by Stanley R. Barrett. (Toronto,
Ont.: University of Toronto Press, 1987).
- The Nazi Legacy: Right)Wing Extremism in Postwar Germany by Rand C.
Lewis. (NY: Praeger, 1991).
- The Neo-Nazis: The Threat of the Hitler Cult by Jerry Bornstein. (Englewood
Cliffs, NJ: Julian Messner, 1987).
- Neither Right Nor Left: Fascist Ideology in France by Zeev Sternhell.
(Jerusalem, Israel: Shazar Library, Vidal Sassoon International Center
for the Study of Antisemitism, The Hebrew University of Jerusalem, 1986).
- Right-Wing Political Currents in Our Time: A Latin American Viewpoint
by Cristian Buchrucker. (Amherst, Mass.: University of Massachusetts,
Latin American Studies Program, Paper #26, 1990).
- "Right Turn," by Peter Jensen, in NEW STATESMAN & SOCIETY,
June 30, 1989, p. 13. Neo)fascism in West Germany by political groups,
racist groups, and youth groups.
- "The Political Geography of Belgian Fascism: The Case of Rexism," by
William Brustein, in AMERICAN SOCIOLOGICAL REVIEW, February, 1988, p.
- "No Immigrants Need Apply," by David Lawday, in U.S. NEWS & WORLD
REPORTS, Dec. 9, 1991, p. 46+. Multi-country survey.
- "Coming Into the Open: Neo)Fascism Hot and Cool," by Eliahu
Salpeter, in THE NEW LEADER, Dec. 1, 1980, p. 5+.
- "The Rise of the New-Right Terrorists: Violence Spawns Suspicions
of a Fascist Internationale," by Graham Clark, in WORLD PRESS REVIEW,
Dec., 1980, p. 37+.
- "Are the Times Right?: Economic Problems and Social Tension," by
Paul Wilkinson, in WORLD PRESS REVIEW, Dec., 1980, p. 42. Are the times
right for a new growth of fascism brought on by times that are parallel
to those that spawned the Nazis?
- "Anatomy of a Movement: An Interlocking Underground Pushes Toward
the Surface," in WORLD PRESS REVIEW, Dec., 1980, p. 38+.
- "The 'Black International', Eurofascism ) The Wave of the Past," by
Christopher Hitchens, in THE NATION, Nov. 29, 1980, p. 567+.
- "A Wave of Neo-Nazi Terror," in NEWSWEEK, Oct. 13, 1980,
- "Fascism in France and the Strange Case of the Croix de Feu," by
William D. Irvine, in THE JOURNAL OF MODERN HISTORY, June, 1991, p. 271+.
- "French Fascism, Both Right and Left: Reflections on the Sternhell
Controversy," by Robert Wohl, in THE JOURNAL OF MODERN HISTORY,
March, 1991, p. 91+.
- "Bernanos, Drumont and the Rise of French Fascism," by John
Hellman, in THE REVIEW OF POLITICS, Summer, 1990, p. 441+.
- "The Resistible Rise of Jean-Marie Le Pen," by Daniel Singer,
in THE NATION, Sept. 7, 1985, p. 172+.
- "French Anti-Semitism: Exceptional Events?," by Linda M.
Delloff, in THE CHRISTIAN CENTURY, Oct. 22, 1980, p. 997. Protest against
the bombing of a synagogue.
- "Neo-Nazi Menace: Germans Try to Stem Right)Wing Attacks Against
Foreigners; But Fears of Immigrant Influx Win the Skinhead Youths Significant
Public Backing; Police Raid Homes in 32 Cities," by Frederick Kempe,
in THE WALL STREET JOURNAL, Dec. 4, 1991, p. A1+.
- "Behind the German Neo-Nazi Phenomenon," by Joyce M. Mushaben,
in THE CHRISTIAN SCIENCE MONITOR, Nov. 18, 1991, p. 19.
- "The Neo-Nazis: How Quickly They Remember," by Stephen Kinzer,
in THE NEW YORK TIMES, Nov 17, 1991, p. E1.
- "The Fires of Hatred," by Daniel Benjamin, in TIME MAGAZINE,
Oct. 14, 1991, p. 37. Attacks launched against foreigners of color by
- "The Violent Rise of Hitler's New Youth: Neo-Nazis Gain From Disillusionment
in the East," in WORLD PRESS REVIEW, Aug., 1991, p. 22.
- "The Dark Side of the Wall," by Paul Hockenos, in NEW STATESMAN & SOCIETY,
Jan. 12, 1990, p. 16. Neo)Fascism in East Germany.
- "Blitzkrieg by the Ultra-Right: Protest Votes Give Xenophobic
Extremists a Strong Showing," by Jill Smolowe, in TIME MAGAZINE,
Feb. 13, 1989, p. 47. West German Neo-Nazi groups in election.
- "The Myth of Fairness: Racial Violence in Britain," by Colin
Holmes, in HISTORY TODAY, Oct., 1985, p.41. The historical roots of contemporary
- "Evil of Banality," editorial in, THE NATION, June 21, 1986,
p. 843+. On Kurt Valdheim's victory in Austria's presidential elections.
- "Romania a Year Later: The Winter of Our Discontent," by
Paul Hockenos, in THE NATION, Jan. 7, 1991, p. 14+.
- "Anarchy in the Ukraine," by Tom Roberts, in NEW STATESMAN & SOCIETY,
Nov. 15, 1991, p. 16.
- "Spain Curbs Nazi Group," in THE NEW YORK TIMES, Nov. 17,
1991, p. 3.
- "Swastikas in Spain," by Ruth MacKay, in THE PROGRESSIVE,
July, 1981, p. 14+.
- "Worried That a Sleeping Ogre Could Awaken," by Paul Bendelow,
in TIMES EDUCATIONAL SUPPLEMENT, Aug. 3, 1990, p. 9. On German youth
turning to right)wing extremism.
- "Mussolini's Sons, Hitler's Nephews: 'Bad Seeds' of Europe's Bourgeoisie," by
Claudio S. Fioretti, in WORLD PRESS REVIEW, Dec., 1980, p. 40+.
- "Klan Capitalizing on German Tensions: American Organizes Burning
of a Cross Near Berlin," by Stephen Kinzer, in THE NEW YORK TIMES,
Nov. 3, 1991, Sec. 1, p. 4+. Oklahoma KKK member Dennis Mahon travels
- "The Growing Danger of Hate Groups," by Mary Cooper, in EDITORIAL
RESEARCH REPORTS, May 12, 1989, p. 262. On American and European hate
groups, e.g. White Aryan Resistance.
- "Killers on the Right: Inside Europe's Fascist Underground," by
Martin A. Lee and Kevin Coogan, in MOTHER JONES MAGAZINE, May, 1987,
- "Two Arrested in Austria are Called Neo-Nazis," in THE NEW
YORK TIMES, Jan. 19, 1992, Sec. 1, p. 4. Two members of the "Defense
Sport Club Trenck" were arrested for planning to overthrow the Austrian
- "Skinhead Mayhem," in TIME MAGAZINE, Nov. 28, 1988, p. 29.
- "Nazi Software: The Ultimate Virus," in NEWSWEEK MAGAZINE,
Jan. 23, 1989, p. 32. Fascism computer games.
- "Skinhead Nation," by Jeff Coplon, in ROLLING STONE MAGAZINE,
Dec. 1, 1988, p. 54+. Mostly about U.S. skinheads.
Prepared by Friedom Research for Political Research, Inc., Summer, 1992
Previous | TOC | Next