| Printer Friendly
What Women Want
ConcernedWomen forAmerica staffer Janice Crouse puts a conservative Christian spin on secular statistics fromthe Economic Bureau ofResearch suggesting women are less happy than they used to be.WithoutChristian faith, and being in the homewhere they can devotemore time to worship and being close to God, women won’t be happy, she explains. “Women don’t have the social cohesion they used to have,” says Crouse, continuing “Stay at homemomswhomight have the opportunity to grow personally by learning newskills,whether its home repair type of things, or home based businesses and things” no longer have these opportunities when they enter the paid workforce. An interesting argument fromaworkingwoman! “Goodbye Happy Girl; Decline of Female Happiness,” ConcernedWomen for America.
“Neither President Obama nor the Democratic-controlled Congress seems to care for children.They favor killing them in the womb and making taxpayers fund their execution. For those who see the light of day, they want to doom them to failing schools and give them free needles to inject illegal drugs into their veins.” – Dean Mathew D. Staver, Liberty University School of Law.
We [Whites] Built this Country
In case you somehow missed it, TV host Rachel Maddow asked Pat Buchanan why, in his opinion, 108 of the 110 Supreme Court justiceshave beenwhite. His response? “White men were 100%of the people who wrote theConstitution, 100%of the people who signed theDeclarationof Independence, 100%of the peoplewho died atGettysburg andVicksburg, probably close to 100%of the people who died at Normandy. This has been a country built, basically, by white folks in this country,who are [sic] 90%of the entire nation, in 1960 when I was growing up,Rachel, and the other 10%wereAfrican Americans who had been discriminated against.That’s why.” Oh, thanks. Jason Linkins, “Rachel Maddow Takes On Pat Buchanan: ‘You're PlayingWith Fire... You’re Living In The 1950s,’" Huffington Post, July 17, 2009.
Walmart: Too Accepting of Muslims
Themega retailerWalmart is an “apologist[s] for Islamofascism,” charges right-wing punditDebbie Schlussel. Last year shemade that charge after a Dearborn store selling halal meat agreednot toundercut the prices of local halal butcher shops and made donations to Muslim charities. This time, she tars a Minnesota Walmart for letting Muslim employees pray on the premises. Schlussel scoffs, “It’s not a shocker.Wal-Mart isWal- Mosque,” and she’s got a mock television advertisement forWal-Mosque to prove it. “Why is Anyone SurprisedWalMart Caved to Muslims… Again?” Debbieschlussel.com, July 21, 2009.
Klan Members Arrested Hiding in Israel
Micky LouisMayon, an allegedKKKmember, was on the FBI’s most wanted list for crimes like torching federal judges’ cars, so he tried to get away bymoving to Israel.After living there for several months, he impregnated his Jewish girlfriend, revealed his criminal background to her, andwas arrested after the woman reported him to authorities. Ironically, he was nabbed by a new intelligence task force searching out illegal aliens that hewould probably championwere it in the United States. Source: “FBI’s wanted man says his Jewish girlfriend is pregnant” YNet News, July 14, 2009.
Help Public Eye publish more articles like this. Donate today!
Subscribe today and receive The Public Eye in your mailbox for only $21 a year!
Vol. 24, No. 3 :
- “After a Government Health Care Takeover,” Family Research Council Action, Washington, D.C. July 2009, (Video)
- James Oliphant, “Health care Debate’s Next Hurdle: Abortion, LA Times, July 28, 2009.
- Jamie Brooks et al, “The Hyde Amendment, a Violation of Human Rights,” (Chapel Hill: Ipas, 2006). (PDF)
- Nancy Keenan, “Letter to the Editor, July 29, 2009".
- Pam Chamberlain and Jean Hardisty, “Reproducing Patriarchy,” Defending Reproductive Rights (Somerville MA: Political Research Associates, 2000), pp. 1-24.
- Chinué Turner Richardson and Elizabeth Nash, “Misinformed Consent: The Medical Accuracy of State-Developed Abortion Counseling Materials,” Guttmacher Policy Review, 9, 4, Fall 2006.
- Barry Yeoman, “The Quiet War on Abortion,” Mother Jones, September/October, 2001.
- “FDA Approves Plan B Over-the-Counter Access for 17-Year-Olds,” Guttmacher Institute, April 24, 2009.
- Pam Chamberlain, “UNdoing Reproductive Freedom: Christian Right NGOs Target the UN,” Political Research Associates Special Report, December 2006.
- See: “About Us,” Gospel of Life Ministries, and “The Vatican’s Summary of Evangelium Vitae”.
- Fred Barnes, “Safe, Legal, and Stigmatized,” Human Life Review Winter, 2003.
- Patrick Healy, “Clinton Seeking Shared Ground Over Abortions,” New York Times, January 25, 2005, In a challenge to this, Reverend Katherine H. Ragsdale, Dean of the Episcopal Divinity School, presents an alternative view when she calls abortion a “blessing,” much to the consternation of her conservative critics. Katherine Ragsdale, “Remarks,” Birmingham, AL July 21, 2005.
- Refusing to Provide Health Services, State Policies in Brief, (New York: Guttmacher Institute) 2009. (PDF)
- Michael Leaser, “Fathers in Crisis: Dads are Key to Preventing Abortion,” Celebrate Life, July-August 2006, 42-45. (PDF)
- Eleanor J. Bader, “Male Victims of Abortion: New Theme of Right to Life Committee,” The Public Eye, Fall 2007.
- See for example: National Right to Life Committee, “Is Abortion Safe?” from Abortion: Some Medical facts.
- Dan Gilgoff, “White House Discerns ‘Need for Abortion,’ But Some Disagree,” U.S. News and World Report, June 30, 2009.
- “Personhood ’08 Colorado,” the website of the anti-choice group Colorado for Equal Rights, www.coloradoforequalrights.com; for the text of the law, click here.
- Asian Communities for Reproductive Justice, “A New Vision for advancing our movement for reproductive health, reproductive rights, and reproductive justice.” (PDF)
- Shawn Towey, Stephanie Poggi and Rachael Roth, “Abortion Funding: A Matter of Justice,” National Network of Abortion Funds, Boston, Mass. 2005. (PDF)
- Jody Feder, The History and Effect of Conscience Clause Laws, American Law Division, Congressional Research Service, January 14, 2005.
Political Research Associates
Copyright Information, Terms, and Conditions
Updates and Corrections