IFAS | Freedom Writer | January/February 1998 | comittee.html
The Committee's leadership
- Board member Dr. John Shaw holds a Ph.D. in physics, owns and runs Shaw Technologies, Inc., and is the primary teaching elder at Reformation Bible Church, a small Reconstructionist congregation in Aloha, Oregon.
- Board member Rep. Charles Starr just finished his third term in the Oregon House of Representatives, where he most recently served on the Family Law and Civil Law subcommittee of the House Judiciary Committee. He owns Starr Boys Garden Center a
nd Charles Starr and Associates Roofing and Contracting.
- Chairman of the Board, Pastor Frank Carpenter, is associate pastor of the First Baptist Church of Hillsboro and has been an unofficial chaplain of the Oregon Legislature for ten years.
- Board member Frances Rath and her husband Dale Rath own a farm west of Portland and have served many years in Republican politics in Washington County.
- Rev. Dennis Tuuri, a close associate of the Committee, assisted in the review and promotion of The Committee's booklets. He is pastor of Reformation Covenant Church and leads a Reconstructionist congregation of 35 families. He is founder and di
rector of Parent's Education Association Political Action Committee, a lobbying group focusing on home schooling. He also directs statewide Reconstructionist events called Geneva Conferences.
- Other board members are: Rev. Mike O'Brien, the founder/director of Public Leadership Ministries, a member of Rolling Hills Community Church; and board president, Bob Barnett, manager/owner of Beaverton Grocery Outlet, and elder at the
Reformation Bible Church.
© 1998 Institute for First Amendment Studies, Inc.