Freedom Writer |
February 1995 |
Simonds' exceptionally successful platform
Bob Simonds counsels school board candidates to "learn secular
language in elections that is not Christianized so easily." This is a
useful checklist for local watchdog organizations, as Religious Right
candidates may use it verbatim, or with slight modifications.
- Lowering the tax base — no new taxes!
- School financial reform (reduce expenditures).
- Parent's rights.
- Return to basic academics.
- Listen to parents — not special interest groups.
- Support our good teachers — retrain weak teachers.
- Make schools safe!
- Return character training to all classrooms, using America's
judicial system as our codified American ethical standard.
- Focus our schools on solid academic subjects.
- Policies that will support our American culture, laws and
© 1998 Institute for First Amendment Studies, Inc.